This Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe is seriously addicting. Packed with so much flavor, this keto recipe is everything you love about bacon and asparagus. Ooo..don’t forget to add the secret sauce. You won’t regret it!
Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe Ingredients
- 1 bundle of Asparagus
- 1 package sugar-free bacon (thick or thin – whichever you prefer)
The Secret Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Aminos
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon ChocZero Honest Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Let me talk a little bit about the secret sauce. This sauce is what puts this recipe over the top. Do you need to make this recipe with the secret sauce? The answer is no. Is it amazing? Yes! Most definitely. But I want you to know that you can make this recipe without any sauce and it will still taste pretty darn good when the asparagus is wrapped and cooked in bacon grease.
Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe Instructions
The full instructions are listed in the printable recipe card below.
Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe Nutrition
Serves 6 (4 spears)
Calories 149, Total C 3.5g, Fiber 2.8g, Net C 0.7g, Sugars 0.9g, Fat 11.9g, Protein 7g
New to Keto? Check out the Keto Starter Guide!
The Keto Starter Guide is an amazing resource as you get started on your keto/low carb journey. This guide has everything you need to get started in 9 simple video lessons and also includes workbooks with step by step instructions for beginners.
- What’s a macro and why do I count them?
- How do I find the best recipes?
- What is ketosis and how do I get my body there?
- What fruits are allowed on a ketogenic diet?
- Will I get “Keto Flu” and what do I do about it?
Questions Others Have Asked
Is bacon-wrapped asparagus healthy?
Absolutely! Bacon wrapped asparagus is an amazing source of nutrients that our bodies need. It is a nutrient-packed vegetable that offers a good source of fiber, folate, chromium, and vitamins A, C, E and, K too!
Asparagus is also a great antioxidant that neutralizes cell damage which helps slow the aging process and reduces inflammation too. Need a natural diuretic? Asparagus helps with that too. It causes increased urination to help your body get rid of excess salts. This is great for people who have high blood pressure and other heart-related diagnosis.
What does bacon-wrapped asparagus go with?
Bacon-wrapped asparagus is an amazing side dish with most meals, but it is exceptionally better with sausage, sheet pan meals, any choice of fish (especially salmon patties, cod, stuffed tuna balls, tuna cakes, etc), pan-grilled steak with shrimp, Brazilian steak with garlic butter, and grilled chicken.
How do you clean asparagus?
To clean asparagus, remove the rubber band from the vegetable. Rinse the spears using cold water and snap (or trim using a knife) about 1 inch from the bottom. Dry the spears on kitchen towels (or paper towels if that is all you have). Once they are dry, you are ready to cook with your asparagus.
Can bacon-wrapped asparagus be made ahead of time?
You can totally make this keto side dish ahead of time. Simply prep your bundles of asparagus (including wrapping each in bacon) up to a day in advance. Store in the fridge, then cook/bake/air fry/grill them as directed in the instructions below.
Can you freeze raw asparagus?
You bet ya! Well, it’s kinda raw. You will need to blanch the asparagus for about a minute. This will help prevent the asparagus from discoloring after it is frozen.
To blanch asparagus, rinse the vegetables and plunge them into rolling boiling water for one minute. After one minute, plunge the asparagus into a ice and water bath to cool down and stop the cooking process of blanching your asparagus.
Next, remove the asparagus from the ice bath to drain. Allow them to dry on kitchen towels (or paper towels). Lay the fully dried asparagus onto parchment paper and freeze. Once they are frozen, transfer them to a gallon-sized bag and place in the freezer for up 10-12 months.
How to make bacon-wrapped asparagus in the air fryer?
To air fry asparagus, set the air fryer temp to 400 degrees. Place the bacon wrapped asparagus into the air fry and cook for 10 minutes. Turn them over and air fry for another 10 minutes.
How to grill bacon-wrapped asparagus?
To grill, place the bacon-wrapped bundle onto a hot grill and close the cover. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and asparagus is tender.
Here are a few photos we took while making this amazing recipe.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Here’s a printable version of this bacon-wrapped asparagus Recipe:
Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- 1 bundle of Asparagus
- 1 package sugar-free bacon thick or thin - whichever you prefer
- Wash and prepare the fresh asparagus by cutting off the ends. Pat dry.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each asparagus. For larger pieces of asparagus I used a full slice of bacon and for smaller pieces, I cut the bacon strips in half.
- Lay the prepped asparagus strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small pan, melt the butter, coconut aminos, and syrup over medium heat until it becomes a bit thick and bubbly.
- Use a basting brush and coat each strip of asparagus with the syrup mixture.
- Bake it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the bacon becomes nice and brown to your liking. I used a thin cut bacon in this recipe but if you decide to use a thick cut bacon you might need to bake it for an extra 5 minutes or so.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
More Low Carb/Keto Side Dishes to Try