If you want an easy Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe, this is for you! We used cream cheese and Xanthan gum to thicken this soup to perfection! You are gonna love it!
We also served this up in our fantastic Keto Bread Bowl! OMG! It is totally worth every bit of the effort to make that bread to go along with any keto soup you make. It’s absolutely delightful.
Most keto soup recipes turn out really watery unless you thicken them with the correct ingredients. This creamy keto soup was easy to make and it thickens perfectly! If you prefer a more watery soup, you can always add more bone broth to the recipe but I really like it at a thick consistency and I just know you will too!
If you want to learn more about Keto Thickeners, read this article: Best Keto and Low Carb Thickening Agents
It helps explain how we thicken our ingredients without the high carb flours or other thickeners that are usually used.
I used my favorite coated cast iron pot for this recipe. Every time I show a photo of this pot, I always get asked where to buy it. The blue color is adorable and the pot itself is high quality. I purchased this coated cast iron cookware from my local HEB grocery store a few years ago when it first came out.
Luckily for you, if you are in the market for some durable Coated Cast Iron Cookware you can score some good deals on Amazon. The price has come way down from when they first came out. It’s high quality cookware and it will last forever.
Here’s how we made this keto friendly soup!
Here’s the thick soup served up in the Keto bread bowl we made ahead of time. Super thick and creamy!
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe Ingredients
Makes 4 servings
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese white
- 16 oz broth
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 to 2 tsp pink salt (to taste)
- 1 tbs Frank’s hot sauce
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe Instructions
Full recipe instructions are in the printable recipe card below.
Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Heat broth first in a large soup pan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and butter to the broth.
- Cut the cream cheese and butter into small pieces and then whisk as the ingredients become soft.
- Mix it until all the cream cheese and butter disappear into the broth mixture. This will take a few minutes.
- Add xanthan gum and stir until it is fully incorporated. Reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Steam the broccoli in the microwave for 3 1/2 minutes in a bowl with a tablespoon of water to get the broccoli soft.
- Add the steamed broccoli to the soup mixture and stir until it's well combined.
- Allow to cool slightly. The soup thickens as it cools.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Optional: serve in a keto bread bowl!