Who is in the mood for something delicious? This Instant Pot Keto Crack Chicken Recipe is a great meal for when you want something truly savory and delicious. Crack chicken was something I had all the time before Keto, so this recipe was most welcome.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or chicken tenders (boneless and skinless)
- 12 oz of cream cheese (block and a half)
- 2 1 oz packets of Dry Ranch Seasoning mix or 4 tbs (or make your own homemade version – see recipe below)
- 8 oz bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup bone broth or water
Note: If you are doing strict Keto you will want to note the Dry Ranch Seasoning packets contain maltodextrin. It’s an ingredient I try to stay away from myself. You can make the homemade dry ranch seasoning recipe below and skip the buttermilk powder too. The cream cheese and cheddar cheese will create a thick cream sauce that is very tasty without these ingredients.
And, if you want a thicker cream sauce as the base of this recipe, you can always add a keto approved thickener such as Xantham Gum powder too. Add a very small amount. I would start off with 1/8 of a teaspoon and maybe go up to a 1/4 teaspoon.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe Instructions
The full instructions are listed in the printable recipe card below.
Optional: Feel free to top it with green onions for extra flavoring. Or even spice it up a bit with a 1/4 cup of Frank’s Redhot buffalo wing sauce!
Sometimes we add a bit of spice to it too! Jalapenos!!!
Dry Ranch Seasoning Recipe
- 1/2 cup Dry Buttermilk Powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients in an airtight container or mason jar to store for later use.
Instant Pot Crack Chicken Recipe Nutrition
Calories 440, Total C 3.5g, Fiber 0g, Net C 3.5g, Sugars 2.2g, Fat 28.4g, Protein 41.1g
Here is a video we made to show you how to make this keto instant pot recipe.
New to Keto? Check out the Keto Starter Guide!
The Keto Starter Guide is an amazing resource as you get started on your keto/low carb journey. This guide has everything you need to get started in 9 simple video lessons and also includes workbooks with step by step instructions for beginners.
- What’s a macro and why do I count them?
- How do I find the best recipes?
- What is ketosis and how do I get my body there?
- What fruits are allowed on a ketogenic diet?
- Will I get “Keto Flu” and what do I do about it?
Questions others have asked
Why do they call it crack chicken?
It’s called crack chicken because of the seasoning that is in it. When people eat it, it tastes so good that they want to keep eating more and more of it. It’s quite addicting and just a really good meal.
How do you make ranch seasoning from scratch?
If you plan on making ranch seasoning from scratch, then you’ll need to know what you need in it. You’ll need ingredients like buttermilk, dried parsley, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill, salt, black pepper.
What should you serve with instant pot crack chicken?
Are you wanting something delicious to go with this crack chicken? If you are, then there are lots of things you can serve with it. You can serve a side of vegetables or berry salad. You can also make sandwiches out of Keto bread. There are so many options, so take advantage of them!
How long is crack chicken good for in the fridge?
If you are going to make this crack chicken, then you’ll want to know how long it’s good in the fridge. Place it in an airtight container and from there, you can leave it for 3-5 days. After 3-5 days you’ll need to disregard it. Don’t worry though, for as long as I’ve been making this, I’ve never had leftovers this long. It’s called crack chicken for a reason.
The next time you’re looking for something delicious to make for dinner, think about crack chicken. It’s also freezable, which is awesome!
Here are a few photos we took while making this amazing recipe.
Cheesy, gooey goodness right here!!! So yummy!
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Here’s a printable version of this Keto Instant Pot Recipe:
Instant Pot Keto Crack Chicken Recipe
- Place 1 cup of liquid (bone broth or water) in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Prep the cream cheese by cutting the blocks into large cubes.
- Add the chicken to the pressure cooker.
- Add the cream cheese and seasonings on top of the chicken.
- Set the pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes for chicken tenders or 12 minutes for full chicken breasts.
- Once the time is up,do a quick release.
- Carefully remove the chicken and shred it using two forks.
- Place the shredded chicken back in the liquid juices that are reserved in the pressure cooker.
- Add the cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles to the shredded chicken and mix the ingredients together.
- Place the lid back on the pressure cooker (but don't turn it on, it will be hot enough to melt the cheese and warm the bacon) for about 5 minutes. Letting the ingredients sit for a few minutes will allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
More Low Carb/Keto Instant Pot Recipes to Try
Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe
Instant Pot Keto Butter Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe