We just made the best Keto Angel Food Cake Recipe on the planet! This recipe is a good keto dessert recipe that you can make ahead of time.
This keto cake recipe is also good for the 4th of July celebration or Memorial Day because it can be decorated with red, white, and blue! We decorated our Keto Angel Food Cake with strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, and sugar free whipped cream!
Keto Angel Food Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 12 egg whites
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 cup Allulose confectioners blend
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour (fine texture)
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cake batter extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Here are a few photos that shows how we made this delightful Keto Angel Food Cake Recipe!
- Angel Food Cake pan
- Parchment paper rounds or sheets
Grab the Keto Angel Food Cake Instructions in the printable recipe card below.
Place the keto angel food cake on a cake platter and add any of your favorite toppings.
We highly suggest topping it with sugar free whipped cream and fresh berries!
This would make an excellent Keto 4th of July cake or a Keto Memorial Day cake!
Keto Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour and the vanilla whey protein. Set aside until you are ready to use it.
- Measure out the Allulose sweetener and have that ready to add to the egg whites once they are ready.
- Using another bowl, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and place the egg whites into the mixer bowl. Save the egg yolks for another recipe.
- Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer and whip the eggs with the cream of tarter until you form soft peaks.
- Add the cake batter extract, vanilla extract and slowly add the Allulose confectioners blend sweetener a small amount at a time.
- Combine these ingredients until the egg whites have medium peaks. This means that you can remove the mixer whisk and turn it upside down with egg whites on the blades. If the egg white batter folds over slightly, this is a medium peak. If the egg whites stand straight up those are hard peaks. You want a medium peak for this recipe.
- Use a spatula and fold in the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture. Just fold the dry ingredients in don't mix it fully. You just want to incorporate the dry mixture just enough without losing the air you added to the egg whites. The air is what makes the angel food cake tall!
- Using an angel food cake pan ungreased, add small parchment sounds to the very bottom of the cake pan as seen in the photos below.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan.
- Add more parchment rounds to the side of the cake pan after the batter has already been added. It's easy to slide them down in between the batter and the pan.
- Roll one parchment round halfway around the center of the pan and slide it down the middle. Do the same thing with another parchment round on the other side of the middle of the angel food cake pan.
- These parchment rounds will help prevent the angel food cake from sticking. The nut flour used in this recipe would make it stick more than usual so it's important to use parchment paper if you want a perfectly formed angel food cake as an end result.
- Bake the angel food cake on the very bottom rack for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is a nice dark golden brown. This color will be slightly darker than the light golden brown color you are used to seeing with a non keto angel food cake. The nut flours bake darker.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately turn it over upside down.
- Allow it to fully cool for a minimum of 1 hour before attempting to remove it from the pan. This cooling process will prevent the cake from falling. It won't release from the pan until you help it.
- There are 3 ridges on the lip of the angel food cake pan that are there to help it completely cool upside down. Those ridges were designed exactly for this reason. It allows air under the cake to help it cool evenly.
- When you are ready to release the cake, use a butter knife and scrap the outside of the pan all around the edges to release the cake from the pan.
- Carefully place your hand over the cake top and turn it upside down to remove the outer side of the angel food cake pan.
- You will be left with the bottom portion of the pan with the cake attached to it.
- Use the same butter knife and scape the bottom of the pan between the cake and the pan to release the bottom portion of the cake.
- Remove the center cake pan and peel off all the parchment paper rounds. These rounds will peel off easily.
- Place the keto angel food cake on a cake platter and add any of your favorite toppings.
- We highly suggest topping it with sugar free whipped cream and fresh berries!
Be sure to pin this for later!