Want the best ever bacon ranch chicken breast recipe? Once you try my cheesy bacon ranch chicken breast casserole, you will want to make it all the time. It is easy to make, comes together in a hurry and is low carb/Keto friendly.
Chicken and ranch are a classic flavor. When you add bacon, you have something special. Add it all together with cheese, and you have one of the best tasting meals you can ask for. It is packed full of flavor and will keep you filling full because it is protein packed.
Oh and this is totally one of those “busy weeknight dinners” that we all need in our arsenal. It’s super super quick to put together and just a handful of simple ingredients.
What to Serve with Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast Casserole
If you want to round this dinner you can a side salad or low carb vegetables. Consider making roasted asparagus or green beans topped with Parmesan. Another option to make a cauliflower mash as a great tasting side dish. Another idea is to make cauliflower rice and serve the chicken over it.
Variations to Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts
While this recipe is simply amazing the way it is, you might have different ingredients on hand or just want to change up the flavors to make a new dish. Try these suggestions:
- Cheddar Cheese or a Fiesta Cheese Mix: While I love the mozzarella cheese in this recipe, it will also taste amazing with cheddar cheese or a Mexican cheese mix.
- Add Pepper Slices: Slice red, green or yellow bell peppers and add it to this recipe. It will give it more flavor!
- Love Onions? Add onion slices to this recipe!
How to Store Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast
After the chicken has cooled, put any leftovers into an airtight container. Keep it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use. It will stay good for 3-4 days. To reheat, simply heat it in the microwave or reheat in a skillet on the stop top. You can also transfer it to an oven-safe dish and reheat it in the oven.
Here is a video we made to show you how to make this Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts Casserole recipe.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Thick Cut Bacon
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- Fiesta Ranch Seasoning
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Chives, for garnish
How to Make The Best Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts Casserole
I don’t know about you, but, I don’t like doing dishes! I love the fact that this dish is made in just one skillet! That’s it.
Alright, first things first, throw the bacon in the skillet and get it browning.
Once the bacon has browned, carefully remove the bacon from the pan and allow to cool on paper towels to remove any excess grease.
Place your chicken breasts in the same skillet, with the bacon grease! It gives the chicken extra flavor and there’s no need to add any additional oil.
Once the chicken breasts have browned, sprinkle in the salt, pepper and Fiesta Ranch seasoning mix. Give the chicken a stir to ensure every piece is coated.
Sprinkle the top of the chicken with mozzarella.
Allow the cheese to melt a bit and top with bacon and chives.
Serve with salad, on cauliflower rice or enjoy on a low carb tortilla! The options are endless.
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts Casserole Recipe Nutrition
Calories 172, Total C 2.3g, Fiber 0.2g, Net C 2.1g, Sugar 0.5g, Fat 10.8g, Protein 16.2g
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
New to Keto? Check out the Keto Starter Guide!
The Keto Starter Guide is an amazing resource as you get started on your keto/low carb journey. This guide has everything you need to get started in 9 simple video lessons and also includes workbooks with step by step instructions for beginners.
- What’s a macro and why do I count them?
- How do I find the best recipes?
- What is ketosis and how do I get my body there?
- What fruits are allowed on a ketogenic diet?
- Will I get “Keto Flu” and what do I do about it?
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken Breasts Casserole Recipe
- In a large skillet, brown bacon, set aside and let drain.
- In same skillet, add chicken breasts.
- Cooking through and browned on outside, about 8-12 minutes over medium low heat.
- Once chicken has cooked through, season with salt, pepper and ranch fiesta mix. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, bacon and chives.
- Allow the cheese to melt before serving.