We just made some fantastic Keto Rice Crispy Treats that are sugar free and loaded with protein! What an easy recipe!
We used two bags of the Max Mallow sugar free marshmallows and 1 full box of Highkey Frosted Protein Cereal! OMG! You guys, this is delightful! You can use one bag of sugar free marshmallows but we like them extra gooey!
I will say that the box of cereal is a bit pricey but I am reminded that it’s loaded with protein. Isn’t it so true that eating healthy is way more expensive that fast food junk. Ugh! This is a rare treat and perfect for camping!
One bag of Max Mallow marshmallows has a total of 90 calories for the WHOLE BAG! We used two bags.
Highkey cereal has 0g net carbs so this is an extremely low carb dessert idea. Highkey cereal has 8 servings in one box. Each serving is 1/2 cup. It’s 90 calories, 11g carbs and subtract the fiber and sugar alcohols to get 0 net carbs per serving! Plus, it has 10 grabs of protein per serving!
It’s a fantastic dessert idea that you can make ahead of time or make for a friend that is doing low carb too!
Keto Rice Crispy Treats Recipe Ingredients
Makes 9 square servings
- 1 box of your favorite HighKey cereal (protein packed cereal!!)
- 1 bag of Max Mallow sugar free marshmallows (or 2 bags if you like it extra gooey!)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
Tip: we added pink salt for two reasons. First, it was to help balance the sweetness in this recipe but more importantly because it adds minerals we all need! Pink Himalayan salt has 84 minerals!
Keto Rice Crispy Treats Recipe Instructions
Get the full instructions in the printable recipe card below!
Notes: These treats remain extra crunchy and I think that’s what I like most about them! When you use Highkey cereal the bits of cereal also stay crunchy in milk too! I love this cereal!
I was able to order the Max Mallow sugar free marshmallows off of Amazon! They have tons of different flavors!
You can order the HighKey Protein Cereal Variety 4 Pack from here.
I’ve tried these flavors so far:
- Cinnamon – tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal!
- Frosted – tastes like a lightly sweetened cereal
- Cocoa – tastes just like cocoa puffs cereal!
- Fruity – tastes just like Fruity Pebbles!
I will definitely order the Cocoa and the Fruity again! These have the most flavor that I really enjoyed! I will probably make more rice crispy treats with these flavors too! It was a nice treat!
HighKey also has other products that I’ve ordered and plan to try too!
I’ve already tried the HighKey Cookies. OMG! They are amazing!
Here are a few more photos we took while make our Keto Rice Crispy Treats!
- Prepare a square baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the butter and heat it on high for about 15 to 30 seconds until it's fully melted.
- Place the Max Mallow sugar free marshmallows in the same microwave safe bowl and heat them for about 30 seconds to a minute until they have fully melted. Check them between each 30 second microwave bursts and stir them to make sure they have melted.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and pink salt to the melted marshmallow mix.
- Add in the whole box of cereal and mix it until the cereal is completely coated with the sugar free marshmallow mixture.
- Place the gooey crispy mixture into the lined parchment paper and shape it into the pan by pressing it down with another sheet of parchment paper. The parchment paper doesn't stick at all.
- Allow the keto rice crispy treats to completely cool before cutting them into squares. We cut them into 9 equal pieces!
- Feel free to use different types of Highkey cereal or you can even sprinkle the treats with sugar free sprinkles to make the extra special!
Frosted - tastes like a lightly sweetened cereal Cocoa - tastes just like cocoa puffs cereal!
Fruity - tastes just like Fruity Pebbles! I will definitely order the Cocoa and the Fruity again! These have the most flavor that I really enjoyed! I will probably make more rice crispy treats with these flavors too! It was a nice treat!
Here are a few other HighKey products we plan to try and some we’ve already tried. I will keep you posted!
This really does tastes like fruity pebbles as I remember them!
This little cutie patootie just had to see what came in the mail!