If you are doing any sort of low carb or keto diet then I know how important avocados are in this process.
Have you ever purchased the perfect avocado only to miss the eating window before it went bad? I have. Many times over.
Let me show you three different ways you can take that perfect avocado that you just purchased from hard to ripened in only seconds!
You won’t ever waste another avocado, ever!
The first step involves a microwave. It’s the fastest way to ripen your avocado.
How to Ripen an Avocado in the Microwave:
1. Cut avocado in half and remove the pit
2. Place both halves of the avocado, cut-side down, on a microwave-safe plate
3. Microwave in intervals of 30 seconds at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Very hard avocados could take up to 2 or 3 minutes. Be sure to use an oven mitt to remove the avocado from the microwave to prevent burning yourself.
4. Let cool for about 10 minutes before eating to avoid scalding your mouth.
The second method involves just a little bit more time but it’s worth it if you don’t want to use a microwave.
How to Ripen an Avocado in the Oven:
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
2. Cut the avocado in half and take out the pit
3. Remove the pit and place avocado halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
4. Put baking sheet in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until browned on top and soft to touch
5) Slice it up with some salt and pepper and enjoy!
The third way definitely takes more time and patiences but worth it
How to Ripen an Avocado Naturally using a Paper Bag:
1. Put the avocado in a brown paper bag
2. Leave it there for 2-3 days
3. The avocado will be ripe by then!
4. If you want to speed up the process, put an apple or banana in with it!
5. Check on your avocados every day and if they start to turn black, cut them open right away and scoop out the flesh before they go bad!
6. If you don’t know how long your avocados have been sitting around, just feel them – if they are still hard inside, leave them alone for another day or two!