Looking for a delicious and easy keto breakfast recipe? Look no further than these low carb bagels made with almond flour.
If you missing bread on the keto diet have no fear because these easy almond flour bagels will help to fill that void. This low carb breakfast recipe is also perfect for meal prep and can be made ahead of time and frozen for later.
Each bagel has only 6 grams of net carbs, so you can enjoy them guilt-free! And they’re so easy to make, you’ll want to make a batch every week. They’re not only tasty, but they are soft and delicious, and perfect for breakfast or a snack.
If you want to get creative, you can top your bagels with Everything But the Bagel seasoning, or your favorite herbs and spices. The choice is really up to you!
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast recipe, or you want to meal prep for the week ahead, these low carb bagels are the perfect solution. Let’s get baking!
Why We Love these Bagels (and you will too!)
No special ingredients required
Only 6g net carbs per bagel
Easy to make and healthy
Can be easily personalized to fit your taste buds
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you eat a bagel on keto?
While traditional bagels are high in carbs and not suitable for a keto diet, these low carb bagels made with almond flour are a great option if you worry about kicking yourself out of ketosis.
What is the best flour for keto bagels?
What are some topping ideas for these almond flour bagels?
If you want to get creative with your bagels, you can top them with everything from cream cheese and smoked salmon to avocado and bacon. The possibilities are endless!
Can you buy low carb bagels?
Yes, you can buy low carb bagels, but they can be expensive. We recommend making your own at home using this easy recipe. Not only will they taste better, but they will also be more affordable.
Quick Recipe Overview
Why this is the best low carb bagel recipe: These bagels are soft and have a similar texture to traditional bagels, so you won’t miss the carbs.
Number of servings: 6
How Long It Takes: About 25 minutes
Equipment You’ll Need: baking sheet, parchment paper, silicone brush, medium mixing bowl
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
How to Make Keto Bagels
Step 1 – The Basics & Mixing
Pre-heat oven to 320 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Place mozzarella cheese in a saucepan with olive oil, place it over the stove and stir until is melted (this step can also be done in the microwave).
Place beaten eggs and melted mozzarella in a high speed food processor for the mozzarella to combine with the eggs, this will result in a smooth batter.
Transfer the batter to the medium bowl and add the almond flour. Stir until a soft dough.
Step 2 – Prepping & Baking
Form the bagels by shaping a ball, then press it down until it flattens a bit and finally makes a hole in the middle.
Set the bagels in the prepared baking tray.
Beat the egg and brushed them all. This will give them a pretty golden appearance.
Sprinkle some poppy and sesame seeds all over the bagels.
Bake them for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Let them cool before transferring.
Step 3 – Enjoy every bite!
These bagels can be kept in the fridge for up to a week but they’ll lose their tenderness. To improve their texture reheat them before serving.
Almond Flour Bagels Nutrition
Serves 6 (1 bagel per serving)
Calories: 322 | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 27g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Net Carbs: 6g
New to Keto? Check out the Keto Starter Guide!
The Keto Starter Guide is an amazing resource as you get started on your keto/low carb journey. This guide has everything you need to get started in 9 simple video lessons and also includes workbooks with step by step instructions for beginners.
- What’s a macro and why do I count them?
- How do I find the best recipes?
- What is ketosis and how do I get my body there?
- What fruits are allowed on a ketogenic diet?
- Will I get “Keto Flu” and what do I do about it?
Don’t forget to pin this amazing recipe for later!
Love these low carb bagels? Make sure you leave a 5-star rating and a review below! I can’t wait to hear how much you loved it!
Also – if you loved this easy bagel recipe, be sure to try our amazing Everything Bagel Chaffle below! If you have any questions, I’m here to help!
Here’s a printable version of this simple bagel recipe:
Low Carb Bagel Recipe
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tsp poppy seeds
- 1 egg beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Place mozzarella cheese in a saucepan with olive oil, place it over the stove and stir until is melted (this step can also be done in the microwave).
- Place beaten eggs and melted mozzarella in a high speed food processor for the mozzarella to combine with the eggs, this will result in a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to the medium bowl and add the almond flour. Stir until a soft dough.
- Form the bagels by shaping a ball, then press it down until it flattens a bit and finally makes a hole in the middle.
- Set the bagels in the prepared baking tray.
- Beat the egg and brushed them all. This will give them a pretty golden appearance.
- Sprinkle some poppy and sesame seeds all over the bagels.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool before transferring.