My brand new Keto Trash Cookies Recipe is going to be all the rage when your friends and family try these! This recipe is RIDICULOUS!!! I mean that in such a good way.
I know what you’re thinking… What good cookie recipe is called trash?! I’m not even kidding you… I’ve seen these types of recipes over the years, being called “Trash or Garbage”.
Food Network even has a version called a “Compost Cookie”. Ya, for real. I actually saw these types of cookies and have made them, several years back. I’ve always been a sucker for the salty and sweet combo type recipes. I have successfully made sweets with potato chips, pretzels, popcorn, etc etc. Since starting Keto/Low Carb, I’ve even played around with making sweets from pork rinds. Believe it!!
This type of cookie/sweet has been around for quite some time. It reminds me of recipes that are “everything but the kitchen sink… throw together’s for get-togethers”, something along those lines. But THIS. Whoever invented the original trash cookie, had to have been under a serious case of the munchies, because they are outrageously good. Now, not being able to have chips and pretzels and so on- I decided I need to transform these into a wonderful Keto/Low Carb treat! This little bite of not-too-sweet and salty, nice firm crust, but soft and cakey oooohh…. Ok, I’ll stop.
You just have to try these out, to know the absolute truth about how great these cookies are. My husband and daughter were SUPER impressed with how they turned out.
Now, I must say… my 8-year-old daughter is my toughest critic. She is oh-so skeptical about my keto creations and will give me a definite NO if she doesn’t like it (according to her young refined pallet). She made it official, by giving me a 9 out of 10 stars. Momma is very proud of that accomplishment.
Test them out, give them a go. I am very pleased with the consistency, texture, and durability of this recipe. They held together, didn’t crumble apart or turn to brick. Even bagging the leftovers (that I practically had to hide from them last night!! haha), they were still soft and chewy today. I think this is ABSOLUTELY going to be a keeper in my books and the Fam is already itchin’ for me to make another batch. Good thing I stashed the rest of the macadamia nuts and pistachios last night, or I’d be off to the store again.
Keto Trash Cookies Recipe
Makes: 16 cookies
Keto Trash Cookies Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 c. Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1/2 c. Swerve, confectioners
- 1/4 c. Pyure Stevia Blend
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c. Almond Flour
- 1/4 c. Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum (optional)
- 1/2 c. Lily’s Dark Chocolate chips (or make your own sugar free chocolate chips)
- 1/2 c. Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 c. Pistachios
Keto Trash Cookies Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish.
- Add melted butter into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Then add sweeteners and whisked eggs, + vanilla. Mix until light/blended.
- In a separate bowl- measure flours, baking powder, salt, and Xanthan Gum.
- Whisk until well blended. Then add to the wet ingredients.
- Incorporate, but try not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray with oil.
- Scoop out dough balls (~40g each), round them and press slightly flat.
- Bake for 14 minutes. (check @ 12 mins, if your oven runs hot).
- Let cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes, to let them set.
I really like to use a cookie scoop so that all of my cookies are the exact same size. It’s not required but it’s extremely helpful.
Xanthan Gum is optional, but I added it to ensure the cookies held together nicely.
Nutrition per serving will vary depending on how many dough balls you make. I made 16 cookies from this recipe.
Keto Trash Cookies Recipe Nutrition
Nutrition per serving (1 cookie)
Calories 177, Total C 13g, Fiber 3g, Net C 2g, Fat 17g, Protein 4g
*Sugar Alcohols are not accounted for in nutrition.
Serving is 2 Net Carbs!
Don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest for later too!
Keto Trash Cookies Recipe
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2.Melt butter in a microwave safe dish.
- 3.Add melted butter into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- 4.Then add sweeteners and whisked eggs, + vanilla. Mix until light/blended.
- 5.In a separate bowl- measure flours, baking powder, salt and Xanthan Gum.
- 6.Whisk until well blended. Then add to the wet ingredients.
- 7.Incorporate, but try not to overmix.
- 8.Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- 9.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, lightly spray with oil.
- 10.Scoop out dough balls (~40g each), round them and press slightly flat.
- 11.Bake for 14 minutes. (check @ 12 mins, if your oven runs hot).
- 12.Let cool on the sheet for about 5 minutes, to let them set.