My Keto Go-To Fathead Pizza Crust Recipeis where it’s at folks! There are so many versions of a “fathead dough” out there, but I have discovered this one comes out perfect EVERY SINGLE TIME. I’ve included a GRILLING option as well.
When I first started my Keto journey, I knew I had to experiment with this magical pizza crust everyone was raving about. Skeptical was an understatement. Reading so many comments about taste and texture… That the consistency wasn’t right or it didn’t get crispy enough. Ugh, I felt defeated before I had even attempted to make it. My stubbornness kept bringing me back to it, though and I knew I had to make some attempts.
I’ve made this Keto Fat Head Dough Pizza Recipe before and loved it. But I also came up with this different version that my whole family loves!!
The first couple tries actually weren’t that bad, but it definitely needed improvement. The first thing I learned, right from the git…. It will never be EXACTLY like a regular flour crust pizza. It just won’t. You have to accept the fact, that this is a lifestyle change, and some things just aren’t going to be the same. Plain and simple. The taste and texture of regular pizza we all grew up on, is what we know that we know- BUT it wasn’t healthy for us. The flour just has to go.
I finally found the right ratios of ingredients, that produced a consistency and texture I was looking for. My family really enjoys this pizza crust, with any and all toppings. So, we have designated this to “Keto Pizza Friday” and make it every week! I like to change around sauce and topping options for all sorts of wonderful flavor combinations. During the summer months, I even adapted the baking to a GRILLING option (instructions below). I LOVE grilled pizza! You have no idea what you’re missing if you haven’t had a grilled pizza. Long-term goals and dreams of having a wood-burning oven, built in my backyard. Just sayin’.
Here’s the crust- Par-baked, ready for sauce and toppings!
Start with the shredded mozzarella cheese!
Microwave 1 minute, add the cream cheese, stir then microwave another 30 seconds.
Blend until well incorporated.
Add the egg and mix.
Blend until it looks like a pasty dough.
Add in the rest of your dry ingredients, then it will look like this!
Turn your dough out onto a greased piece of parchment paper.
Add a greased piece of parchment over top and roll out to desired thickness/shape.
Remove top layer, and shape dough to your pan size. My FAV is a 9 x 13 baking sheet.
Once shaped, poke holes all over before baking.
Bake @ 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Take out of the oven to cool, then FLIP IT!!
It will look like this, isn’t it beautiful?!! Now, it’s ready for sauce and toppings!!
You can make batches of these and freeze for later or finish baking and enjoy NOW!
Keto Go-To Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe
Makes: 8 servings (slices)
Keto Go-To Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe Ingredients
6 oz Low-moisture Mozzarella Natural Cheese, shredded
1 oz Original Real Cream Cheese
1 Large Egg
1/2 c. Blanched Almond Flour by Nature’s Eats
1 tsp Baking powder
+ seasoning to taste
Keto Go-To Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Shred the mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave the cheese for 1 minute, stir.
4. Add the cream cheese, microwave another 30 seconds. Mix well.
5. Add egg, mix until pasty dough. Add almond flour, baking powder and seasoning.
6. With a spatula, or by hand- mix all until well incorporated.
7. Scoop out onto greased parchment paper.
8. Add another sheet of parchment over top, roll out to desired thickness.
9. Remove top parchment paper -Bake in the oven for 10 mins.
10. Take it out and flip it over- add your sauce and toppings.
11. Bake another 16-18 minutes, depending on thickness.
12. Cool slightly before cutting.
Alternate Grilling Instructions
For GRILLING option: Complete steps 1-8, then…
9. Cut around the parchment close to the rolled out crust.
10. Line a baking sheet with foil, then add the parchment + dough on top of the foil.
11. The grill should be hot/ready, @ med-high temp
12. Put on the baking sheet, close lid- grill for 4 minutes.
13. Take out the baking sheet, let the crust cool slightly, flip it over on parchment paper.
14. Add sauce, toppings, cheese.
15. Turn grill down to low heat, grill the pizza for another 6-8 minutes.
Keto Go-To Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe Nutrition
Nutrition per serving: (1 slice- CRUST ONLY)-
Calories 122, Total C 2.4g, Fiber .8g, Net C 1.6g, Fat 10g, Protein 7g
- 6 oz Low-moisture Mozzarella Natural Cheese shredded
- 1 oz Original Real Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 c. Blanched Almond Flour by Nature's Eats
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- + seasoning to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred the mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the cheese for 1 minute, stir.
- Add the cream cheese, microwave another 30 seconds. Mix well.
- Add egg, mix until pasty dough. Add almond flour, baking powder and seasoning.
- With spatula, or by hand- mix all until well incorporated.
- Scoop out onto greased parchment paper.
- Add another sheet of parchment over top, roll out to desired thickness.
- Remove top parchment paper -Bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- 10. Take it out and flip it over- add your sauce and toppings.
- 11. Bake another 16-18 minutes, depending on thickness.
- 12. Cool slightly before cutting.