Move over, high fructose corn syrup. There’s a new ketchup in town and it’s sugar free! If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your favorite condiment, look no further than this homemade sugar free ketchup recipe. It’s easy to make and perfect for those on a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
Sugar free ketchup is a healthy and delicious way to top off your favorite foods. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for those on a ketogenic diet. Plus, it’s budget-friendly! Serve up some sugar free ketchup at your next cookout and your guests will love you for it.
Why We Love This Homemade Ketchup Recipe (and you will too!)
Keto pantry must have
Contains no added sugar
Can be modified to suite any taste preferences you may have
Frequently Asked Questions
Can u eat ketchup on keto?
Ketchup can be eaten on a ketogenic diet. However, sugar is not allowed on a keto diet so reading the ingredients list of your preferred brand of ketchup will help you monitor how much sugar is found in your ketchup.
What is the lowest carb ketchup?
How much sugar is in regular ketchup?
While the sugar content in sugar free ketchup may be lower than sugar-loaded versions, it’s important to take a look at just how much sugar is actually in regular ketchup. One tablespoon of Heinz Ketchup contains 4 grams of sugar!
Why is sugar free ketchup good for you?
Quick Recipe Overview
Why this is the best Sugar Free Ketchup: This is a top rated recipe that’s easy to make, sugar free and tastes so much better than any store-bought ketchup.
Number of servings: 20
How Long It Takes: About 30 minutes
Equipment You’ll Need: Skillet
Ingredients for Sugar Free Homemade Ketchup
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/3 cup granulated monk fruit (granulated sugar works the same)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (balsamic vinegar would work too)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
How to Make Sugar Free Ketchup
Step 1: Chop and Sauté
Chop garlic into small pieces. Add them to a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat. Stir until fragrant.
Roughly chop the onion and add it to the saucepan. Stir until translucent.
Chop tomatoes and add them to the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients.
Step 2: Simmer to Reduce
Simmer for 25-30 minutes. At this point, the water from the tomatoes will be reduced. If it remains too watery, simmer for another 5 minutes.
Step 3: Blend It
Blend the sauce until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.
Step 4: Store It
Place the sauce in a jar with a lid. Keep it refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- For the ketchup to last longer (4-5 weeks), sterilize the jar in boiling water for tenminutes.
- I used 1/2 onion in this recipe as the ketchup is meant to be low-carb. But if that’s not your purpose, one whole onion would work perfectly well.
Nutrition for Sugar Free Keto Ketchup
Makes 2 cups or 32 tablespoons
Serving: 1 tablespoon | Calories: 10 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 38mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbs: 1g
Be sure to pin this for later!
Homemade Sugar Free Ketchup Recipe
- Chop garlic into small pieces. Add them to a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat. Stir until fragrant.
- Roughly chop the onion and add it to the saucepan. Stir until translucent.
- Chop tomatoes and add them to the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes. At this point, the water from the tomatoes will be reduced. If it remains too watery, simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Blend the sauce until smooth. Adjust salt to taste.
- Place the sauce in a jar with a lid. Keep it refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.