Oh my goodness! This Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe tastes so good! With moist cake, whipped cream and sweet strawberries, this is a perfect sweet treat on a warm summer day!
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Ingredients
- 12 egg whites
- 2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 cup allulose confectioners blend
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour, fine texture
- 1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cake batter extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sugar free whipped topping
- strawberries, sliced
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Instructions
The full instructions are listed in the printable recipe card below.
Other Items Needed
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe Nutrition
Calories 91, Total C 3g, Fiber 1g, Net C 2g, Sugar 1g, Fat 6g, Protein 7g
Here is a video we made to show you how to make this low carb strawberry shortcake recipe.
New to Keto? Check out the Keto Starter Guide!
The Keto Starter Guide is an amazing resource as you get started on your keto/low carb journey. This guide has everything you need to get started in 9 simple video lessons and also includes workbooks with step by step instructions for beginners.
- What’s a macro and why do I count them?
- How do I find the best recipes?
- What is ketosis and how do I get my body there?
- What fruits are allowed on a ketogenic diet?
- Will I get “Keto Flu” and what do I do about it?
Questions Others Have Asked
Here are a few photos we took while making this amazing recipe.
Don’t forget to pin this for later!
Here’s a printable version of this Low Carb Strawberry Shortcake Recipe:
Keto Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Angel Food Cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour and the vanilla whey protein. Set aside until you are ready to use it.
- Measure out the Allulose sweetener and have that ready to add to the egg whites once they are ready.
- Using another bowl, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and place the egg whites into the mixer bowl. Save the egg yolks for another recipe.
- Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer and whip the eggs with the cream of tarter until you form soft peaks.
- Add the cake batter extract, vanilla extract and slowly add the Allulose confectioners blend sweetener a small amount at a time.
- Combine these ingredients until the egg whites have medium peaks. This means that you can remove the mixer whisk and turn it upside down with egg whites on the blades. If the egg white batter folds over slightly, this is a medium peak. If the egg whites stand straight up those are hard peaks. You want a medium peak for this recipe.
- Use a spatula and fold in the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture. Just fold the dry ingredients in don't mix it fully. You just want to incorporate the dry mixture just enough without losing the air you added to the egg whites. The air is what makes the angel food cake tall!
- Using an angel food cake pan ungreased, add small parchment sounds to the very bottom of the cake pan as seen in the photos below.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan.
- Add more parchment rounds to the side of the cake pan after the batter has already been added. It's easy to slide them down in between the batter and the pan.
- Roll one parchment round halfway around the center of the pan and slide it down the middle. Do the same thing with another parchment round on the other side of the middle of the angel food cake pan.
- These parchment rounds will help prevent the angel food cake from sticking. The nut flour used in this recipe would make it stick more than usual so it's important to use parchment paper if you want a perfectly formed angel food cake as an end result.
- Bake the angel food cake on the very bottom rack for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is a nice dark golden brown. This color will be slightly darker than the light golden brown color you are used to seeing with a non-keto angel food cake. The nut flours bake darker.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately turn it over upside down.
- Allow it to fully cool for a minimum of 1 hour before attempting to remove it from the pan. This cooling process will prevent the cake from falling. It won't release from the pan until you help it.
- There are 3 ridges on the lip of the angel food cake pan that are there to help it completely cool upside down. Those ridges were designed exactly for this reason. It allows air under the cake to help it cool evenly.
- When you are ready to release the cake, use a butter knife and scrape the outside of the pan all around the edges to release the cake from the pan.
- Carefully place your hand over the cake top and turn it upside down to remove the outer side of the angel food cake pan.
- You will be left with the bottom portion of the pan with the cake attached to it.
- Use the same butter knife and scrape the bottom of the pan between the cake and the pan to release the bottom portion of the cake.
- Remove the center cake pan and peel off all the parchment paper rounds. These rounds will peel off easily.
- Place the keto angel food cake on a cake platter and slice in half, lengthwise.
- Add a layer of sugar-free whipped topping then a layer of strawberries and another layer of sugar-free whipped topping.
- Place the top layer of cake and top with sugar-free whipping cream and your favorite berries!