Keto Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
We love our Keto Cheese Stuffed Meatballs and we love them served in a red sauce too! These keto meatballs are fairly easy to make. The kids even enjoy helping to stuff the Mozzarella cheese inside the meatballs. I always enjoy it when the kids help me cook in the kitchen.
I made these specific meatballs with ground turkey but you can also make them with ground beef or even pork sausage. I’ve been known to add half ground beef and half sausage just to change up the flavors of meat too. It doesn’t matter which meats you prefer to use because the seasonings in this recipe make them all taste amazing. The cook time tends to be the same for each different type of meat too.
Do you know the difference between Italian Meatballs like this versus Swedish Meatballs? The difference is basically the sauce it’s served in. Italian meatballs are always served in a red sauce just like in this recipe but Swedish meatballs are served in more of a creamy brown or white gravy. Both are amazingly delicious.
You could add a side of spiral zucchini noodles to this recipe too! Or add a layer of cauliflower mash! Doesn’t that sound amazing!
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy the Keto Friendly Avocado Beef Bombs recipe we tried the other day too. It’s pretty amazing! It’s coated with a sugar free bbq sauce that puts that recipe over the top!
Keto Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Ingredients
2 pounds of ground turkey
1 1/2 cups of ground pork rinds
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
salt and pepper, as desired
5-6 mozzarella sticks, cut into 5 chunks each
Note: Serve with a jar of Rao’s Red Marinara Sauce!
Keto Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for the cheese.
3. Take 1 rounded tablespoon of the meat mixture to add a chunk of cheese into the center and gently roll into a circle, ensuring the cheese is covered.
4. Repeat and add meatballs to a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Keto Cheese Stuffed Meatballs Nutrition Label
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes*
Makes: 25-30 meatballs
The nutrition label includes the meatballs only (not the sauce)
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups of ground pork rinds
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- salt and pepper as desired
- 5-6 mozzarella sticks cut into 5 chunks each
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for the cheese.
- Take 1 rounded tablespoon of the meat mixture to add a chunk of cheese into the center and gently roll into a circle, ensuring the cheese is covered.
- Repeat and add meatballs to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Don’t forget to pin this Keto Cheese Stuffed Meatballs recipe on Pinterest for later!