We just made a fantastic Keto Banana Trifle Recipe that’s totally sugar free! We’ve combined three of our favorite recipes to make this trifle! We used our Keto Banana Pudding Recip, our Keto Angel Food Cake recipe and our Sugar Free Keto Whipped Cream recipe! This makes a delightful keto dessert that’s totally worth making. Absolutely delicious!
You can make this recipe using the dirty keto method by using a box sugar free banana pudding pudding and sugar free whipped cream you can buy at the store. I personally don’t use those products because of some of the ingredients but they are an option if you are practicing a dirty keto and those ingredients don’t bother you. It would be a good shortcut! This way you would only need to make the Keto Angel Food Cake recipe.
If you need a fun keto dessert recipe for a party or a large group of people, this is your recipe!
There are two different types of whipped cream type layers you can put in this recipe. You can use a lightly sweetened 3 ingredient Keto Marshmallow Fluff recipe or you can make your own Sugar Free Keto Whipped Cream Recipe. Both are super simple and both will work well with this recipe.
All the recipe cards can be found at the very bottom of this post separately. Nutrition labels are on each printable recipe card too.
Here are a few photos we took while we made this Keto Banana Trifle Recipe:
We started off making the Keto Banana Pudding.
We added the warm milk to the egg yolk mixture to temper the eggs.
We added a plastic wrap sheet over the top of the pudding to prevent it from creating a thick skin on the top of the pudding while it cooled in the refrigerator. After we finished this step, we started making the angel food cake.
After making the Keto Banana Pudding we set it in the refrigerator to allow it to set while we made the Keto Angel Food Cake recipe.
We used a traditional angel food cake but we lined it with parchment paper circles so it would be easy to release once it’s done. It worked like a charm! These are 4 inch parchment paper circles and we purchased them on Amazon.
I wanted to show you how we used the 4 inch parchment paper rounds for the center of the angel food cake pan. We just slide the parchment paper down the sides of the pan after we added the batter. Worked perfectly!
I usually use these 4 inch parchment paper rounds to store my keto chaffles in a container in the fridge but I find them so handy for so many other things I would have never though of. This is just one of the uses where they are handy.
This shows you the beautiful crust this recipe makes. This photo was taken after we peeled away the circle parchment paper rounds.
Allow the cake to fully cool and then cut the cake into 1 inch squares for the Keto Banana Trifle.
While the Keto Angel Food Cake is baking we made a homemade sugar free whipped cream for the center. You can also make the 3 ingredient Keto Marshmallow fluff recipe too if you prefer.
After you make all three recipes, you will assembly the Keto Banana Trifle recipe.
Start with a layer of whipped cream, then add a layer of keto banana pudding. Top that layer with a handful of 1 inch squares of the angel food cake. Repeat the layers until your bowl is completely filled.
Print all three recipes below. Each of the different recipes have their own printable recipe card and nutritional information.
Here are some of the products we used in the recipe:
Keto Banana Pudding Recipe
- Sauce Pan
- Bowl for mixing
- Heat cream over low to medium heat but don’t bring it to a boil. No need to stir. Once it starts to steam and you see little bubbles form around the edges, it’s hot enough to work with. Turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, add the egg yolks, vanilla extract, banana extract, salt, and sweetener. Mix these ingredients until they have fully combined.
- Pour a 1/2 cup slowly into the egg mixture while whisking the ingredients as you pour. This is a process where we temper the eggs. We are adding hot liquid into an egg mixture slow enough that it incorporates in the egg but doesn’t cook it. Keep adding 1/2 cup of the hot liquid to the egg mixture until it’s all fully combined.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top of the liquid and whisk it in until it has fully dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to set and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add a plastic wrap sheet over the top of the pudding so no air is between the plastic wrap and the top of the pudding. If you don’t cover it, the pudding will create a skin that you will need to peel off and discard.
- Set the pudding in the refrigerator long enough for it to set. It should take less than an hour.
Keto Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Angel Food Cake pan
- Parchment paper rounds or sheets
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour and the vanilla whey protein. Set aside until you are ready to use it.
- Measure out the Allulose sweetener and have that ready to add to the egg whites once they are ready.
- Using another bowl, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and place the egg whites into the mixer bowl. Save the egg yolks for another recipe.
- Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer and whip the eggs with the cream of tarter until you form soft peaks.
- Add the cake batter extract, vanilla extract and slowly add the Allulose confectioners blend sweetener a small amount at a time.
- Combine these ingredients until the egg whites have medium peaks. This means that you can remove the mixer whisk and turn it upside down with egg whites on the blades. If the egg white batter folds over slightly, this is a medium peak. If the egg whites stand straight up those are hard peaks. You want a medium peak for this recipe.
- Use a spatula and fold in the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture. Just fold the dry ingredients in don't mix it fully. You just want to incorporate the dry mixture just enough without losing the air you added to the egg whites. The air is what makes the angel food cake tall!
- Using an angel food cake pan ungreased, add small parchment sounds to the very bottom of the cake pan as seen in the photos below.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan.
- Add more parchment rounds to the side of the cake pan after the batter has already been added. It's easy to slide them down in between the batter and the pan.
- Roll one parchment round halfway around the center of the pan and slide it down the middle. Do the same thing with another parchment round on the other side of the middle of the angel food cake pan.
- These parchment rounds will help prevent the angel food cake from sticking. The nut flour used in this recipe would make it stick more than usual so it's important to use parchment paper if you want a perfectly formed angel food cake as an end result.
- Bake the angel food cake on the very bottom rack for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is a nice dark golden brown. This color will be slightly darker than the light golden brown color you are used to seeing with a non keto angel food cake. The nut flours bake darker.
- Remove the cake from the oven and immediately turn it over upside down.
- Allow it to fully cool for a minimum of 1 hour before attempting to remove it from the pan. This cooling process will prevent the cake from falling. It won't release from the pan until you help it.
- There are 3 ridges on the lip of the angel food cake pan that are there to help it completely cool upside down. Those ridges were designed exactly for this reason. It allows air under the cake to help it cool evenly.
- When you are ready to release the cake, use a butter knife and scrap the outside of the pan all around the edges to release the cake from the pan.
- Carefully place your hand over the cake top and turn it upside down to remove the outer side of the angel food cake pan.
- You will be left with the bottom portion of the pan with the cake attached to it.
- Use the same butter knife and scape the bottom of the pan between the cake and the pan to release the bottom portion of the cake.
- Remove the center cake pan and peel off all the parchment paper rounds. These rounds will peel off easily.
- Place the keto angel food cake on a cake platter and add any of your favorite toppings.
- We highly suggest topping it with sugar free whipped cream and fresh berries!
Sugar Free Keto Whipped Cream Recipe
- Stand Mixer
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbs monk fruit confectioners blend sweetener or Swerve powdered.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients and use a hand mixer to mix it on high for about 5 minutes or so until the whipped cream becomes nice and thick.
This recipe makes about 1 to 1/4 cups of whipped cream. Double or triple the recipe as needed.