We have a really good Keto Popcorn Recipe for you that makes a wonder crunchy Keto Snack!
You can use your imagination as we have done and add any flavor you want. We made keto popcorn sweet and savory!
We used an aged White Cheddar Cheese for this recipe. It was fantastic!! The aged white cheddar works well with both sweet and savory keto popcorn options too.
The worst part about this recipe is that you need to start the preparation at least a day or two in advance. Meaning you need to dry out the cheese before you bake it so it will puff up just like popcorn does.
What types of popcorn flavors can you make, you ask? We have a few really good ideas for you!
Keto Popcorn Flavors
- Butter Popcorn
- Caramel Popcorn
- S’mores Popcorn
- Cheese Popcorn
- Cheesy Jalapeno Popcorn
- Bacon Cheddar Popcorn
- Spiced Popcorn
- Parmesan Popcorn
- Parmesan Garlic Popcorn
- Cinnabun Popcorn
- Jalapeno Popcorn
- Chocolate Popcorn
- Butterscotch Popcorn
- Cracked Pepper Popcorn
- Sea Salt Popcorn
- Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
- Dill Pickle Popcorn
- Toasted Coconut Popcorn
- Bacon Popcorn
- Everything Bagel Popcorn
- Rosemary Salt Popcorn
- Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
- Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
- Ranch Popcorn
- Buffalo Wing Popcorn
How to Make Different Keto Popcorn Flavors
Butter Popcorn – drizzle melted butter over the keto popcorn and sprinkle salt.
Caramel Popcorn – drizzle a small amount of Sugar Free Keto Caramel sauce over the keto popcorn.
Cheese Popcorn – sprinkle Anthony’s Cheddar Cheese powder over the keto popcorn! Seriously good stuff!
Parmesan Popcorn – sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the keto popcorn.
Cinnabon Popcorn – In a small bowl combine a keto friendly sweetener such as Monkfruit confectioners blend and cinnamon powder and mix to combine. Melt a small amount of butter and drizzle over your keto popcorn and then sprinkle the cinnamon powder over your keto popcorn.
Jalapeno Popcorn – sprinkle jalapeno salt over the keto popcorn!
Chocolate Popcorn – Melt any of your favorite sugar free keto friendly chocolate chips and drizzle over your keto popcorn!
Butterscotch Popcorn – Melt Lily’s sugar free butterscotch chips and drizzle over your keto popcorn.
White Chocolate Popcorn – Melt Lily’s sugar free white chocolate chips and drizzle over your keto popcorn.
Cracked Pepper Popcorn -sprinkle cracked pepper and pink salt over your keto popcorn.
Dill Pickle Popcorn – sprinkle dill pickle seasoning over your keto popcorn! OMG, SO GOOD!
Toasted Coconut Popcorn – sprinkle your keto popcorn with unsweetened toasted coconut shreds and a small amount of monkfruit confectioner’s blend.
Bacon Popcorn – sprinkle with hot, crispy crumbled bacon bits! Or use bacon salt.
Everything Bagel Popcorn – sprinkle Everything Bagel seasoning on your keto popcorn!
Rosemary Salt Popcorn – sprinkle with rosemary salt! (You can make your own rosemary salt by add salt and fresh rosemary to a food blender)
Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn – sprinkle with rosemary salt and parmesan cheese!
Pumpkin Spice Popcorn – In a small bowl add a small amount of keto sweetener and a small amount of pumpkin pie spice. Mix and sprinkle on your keto popcorn for a sweet treat!
Ranch Popcorn – sprinkle with ranch seasoning!
Buffalo Wing Popcorn – sprinkle with buffalo wing seasoning!
Keto Popcorn Ingredients
1 block or 8 oz white cheddar cheese
Pink Himalayan salt (or any of your favorite seasonings list above)
Keto Popcorn Instructions
The full instructions are listed in the printable recipe card below.
Macros will depend on the type of cheese you use and the type of seasoning you use.
You can substitute the white cheddar for share or mild cheddar cheese. You can even used Colby Jack cheese too!
Keto Popcorn Recipe (Crunchy Keto Snack)
- 1 block or 8 oz white cheddar cheese
- Pink Himalayan salt or any of your favorite seasonings list above
- Use a small knife and cut the white cheddar cheese into small pieces. About 1/4 inch cubes as shown in the process photos below.
- Lay the cut cheese flat and spread out allowing space in between each piece on a large baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Sprinkle the cheese with salt.
- Cover the cheese cubes with a tea towel and leave out on your counter for 24 to 48 hours. This will allow all the moisture to be removed from the cheese. The less moisture, the crispier the popcorn!
- Pat the cheese cuts dry with a towel to remove any excess moisture before baking.
- Sprinkle with your favorite savory seasoning before you bake the popcorn. This way the seasoning bakes into the popcorn.
- Don't bake the sweet flavors. If you have a sweet flavor, you will add the seasoning and the keto sweetener to a baggie and add the keto popcorn to the baggie and shake it until it's fully coated after you cook the popcorn.
- I normally don't cook the sweet flavors because there are some keto sweeteners that are easy to burn in the oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the cheese puffs up!
- Serve warm or cold!
Cheesy Jalapeno Popcorn
Bacon Cheddar Popcorn
Parmesan Garlic Popcorn
Cracked Pepper Popcorn
Sea Salt Popcorn
Salt and Vinegar Popcorn
Dill Pickle Popcorn
Toasted Coconut Popcorn
Everything Bagel Popcorn
Rosemary Salt Popcorn
Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
Buffalo Wing Popcorn
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.