We just made a really good Keto Chorizo Quiche Recipe!!! It’s almost full on carnivore if you are being really strict with your diet. The crust on this recipe is made from thin sliced salami!! It bakes to a part crispy crust on the edges with has a delightful taste and texture. It holds up as a crust nicely too! I got the idea for the salami as a crust when I purchased a circular package of salami. Funny how we get new ideas from the strangest places.
The chorizo in this recipe is perfect too! Chorizo has so much flavor that it needs very little added to this quiche recipe. The feta balances out the flavors perfectly too! It’s really good! This makes a full pie so it can be used as leftovers for breakfast during the week or this would make an excellent recipe if you have a big group of people for breakfast too. You could make it the night before and bake it first thing in the morning too. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap.
We made this in a 9 inch pie pan and it filled it perfectly.
Keto Chorizo Quiche Recipe Ingredients
Makes 8 large slices of quiche when using a 9 inch pie pan
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half (or 1/2 heavy cream and 1/2 water)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Monterey jack and Colby mix)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Thin sliced salami
- 8 oz chorizo
- 4 oz feta cheese
- Basil for the topping
Keto Chorizo Quiche Recipe Instructions
Get the full Keto Chorizo Quiche Recipe instructions in the printable recipe card at the very bottom of this post.
Here are a few photos showing you exactly how we made this keto friendly quiche! This recipe makes 8 large slices and each slice is only 2 grams of carbs or 1 net carb each! I could easily eat this every day of the week!
We filled up the pie pan with all of the salami in the package.
This is what it looks like just before you put it in the oven.
Be sure to pin this for later!
Keto Chorizo Quiche Recipe
- Precook chorizo, then drain the grease.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs and whip them up till fluffy. The more air incorporated in the eggs the fluffier the quiche!
- Add half and half, cheese, and all of the seasonings. Mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Use a 9 inch pie pan.
- Place thin sliced salami around bottom as the pie crust. Place more around the sides. (see photos)
- Pour the quiche mixture in the pie dish.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and prepared chorizo. Some of the chorizo will sink to the bottom and that's okay.
- Bake it at 350 degrees for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the center of the egg mixture if fully cooked by doing a toothpick test.
- Cut your basil into strips. I usually roll up a few leaves of basil and use a knife to cut thin strips from the roll.
- Top with fresh cut basil just before serving.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Reheat slices in the microwave as needed if you plan to eat this as leftovers. It's amazing as leftovers because the flavors really settle in after a day or two!
More Low Carb/Keto Breakfast Ideas