This Keto 90 Second Bread French Toast Recipe is going to rock your world for a new, easy breakfast! These are like no other, with a special secret ingredient. Ready for it? Bacon grease!!
Living and learning this Keto way of eating for over a year now, I have learned that cooking with bacon grease has just become a normal standard for our house. Not that anyone minds, but it is more common than using butter and oils for the day to day.
So, why not replace it in mug breads and baked goods as well? This is what I thought to myself while looking at making a french toast-like bread one day. Of course, I had to research. There are many low carb versions of this morning delicacy, but nothing I was dying to make.
The simplest go to, is always a microwave mug cake or bread. That just wasn’t going to cut it in that particular moment. Then the thought occurred to me, I have so much bacon grease! Oh how lovely bacon and maple go hand in hand. Sweet, salty, rich and delicious.
This is it! All it took was making one bread and I knew it would be my new favorite thing. Once I get stuck on something, it will be made several different ways, with a variety of flavors.
French toast is amazing, all on it’s own.. but keep a watch for more upcoming recipes and creations using this fantastic bread! Here’s some photo’s of the finished product, try not to drool on your screen!
Keto 90 Second Bread French Toast Recipe
Makes: 1 serving (2 slices)
Keto 90 Second Bread French Toast Recipe Ingredients
1 tbs Bacon Grease
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Fine Pink Salt
1 Large Egg
Keto 90 Second Bread French Toast Recipe Instructions
1. Choose your microwave safe bowl or mug.
2. Melt the bacon grease (or butter/oil) until liquid.
3. Add all dry ingredients and stir until no lumps.
4. Add egg and syrup, mix until well incorporated.
5. Microwave 90 seconds, remove and let cool slightly.
6. Pop out the bread on a board and slice in half.
7. Heat a fry pan with more grease or butter and toast the bread until browned.
8. *Alternatively- this can be cooked in a mini waffle maker, in two batches*
9. Add any additional syrup or toppings to your liking and enjoy!
If you don’t have bacon grease, you could use butter or oil- but I really enjoy the flavor it gives from the bacon grease. Think, a cross between an English muffin and a pancake, with maple and bacon!
These can be stored in the fridge or freezer to toaster later.
Keto 90 Second Bread French Toast Recipe Nutrition
Nutrition per serving (2 slices)-
Calories 328, Total C 32g, Fiber 20g, SA 10g, Net C 2g, Fat 19g, Protein 7g
*Sugar alcohol is not accounted for in the nutrition panel.
- 1 tbs Bacon Grease
- 1 tbs Coconut Flour by Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tbs Psyllium Husk Powder by Healthworks
- 1 tbs Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener by Lakanto
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Fine Pink Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbs Maple Flavored Syrup by Lakanto
- Choose your microwave safe bowl or mug.
- Melt the bacon grease (or butter/oil) until liquid.
- Add all dry ingredients and stir until no lumps.
- Add egg and syrup, mix until well incorporated.
- Microwave 90 seconds, remove and let cool slightly.
- Pop out the bread on a board and slice in half.
- Heat a fry pan with more grease or butter and toast the breads until browned.
- *Alternatively- this can be cooked in a mini waffle maker, in two batches*
- Add any additional syrup or toppings to your liking and enjoy!
If you enjoy breakfast foods as much as I do, check out this recipe for Low Carb Pancakes (Keto Friendly Recipe)