If you love a chocolate and mint combo then you will love our new Keto Grasshopper Cheesecake Recipe!! This recipe has a sweet chocolate crust with a creamy mint flavored cheesecake center! We also added a layer of chocolate in between and on top to make it extra special! This recipe was a total hit!
You don’t have to use green food coloring but it sure is fun to see the light green color when it’s done. We used 4 1/2 inch springform pans for this recipe but you can use mini pie pans or even a full-sized springform pan to make one big cheesecake too.
We made this crust with a chocolate almond flour crust in the instructions below but there is another way to make a chocolate crust if you have an allergy to nuts. Catalina Crunch cereal makes a chocolate cereal that’s keto-friendly! We’ve tried the cereal with this recipe and it’s fantastic! No sweetener needed either. Just add the melted butter to the crumbles after you pulse them in the food processor and you have an easy keto chocolate crust! You can get the cereal from their website here: Subscribe and Save 20% on the Best-Selling Keto Cereal Variety 6-Pack
Here’s a photo showing the cereal we used in the second cake we made:
You can also make this crustless and just have the chocolate topping on top of the grasshopper cheesecake too!
Keto Grasshopper Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
Chocolate Crust (optional)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbs butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 3 tbs cocoa
- 3 tbs Monkfruit, powdered
- 3 tbs Lily’s chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
Easy crust option: Use 1 cup of this chocolate cereal with 1 tbs melted butter instead of the almond flour.
Grasshopper Cheesecake ingredients
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened and room temperature
- 3/4 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbs chocolate extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup Lily’s chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Springform pans
- Bowls for mixing
- Parchment paper
- Hand mixer
Keto Grasshopper Cheesecake Recipe Instructions
This recipe fills two 5 inch mini springform pans. You can use one big pan but know it will add about 10 to 15 minutes on to your baking time.
First you will make the cheesecake crust, then the cheesecake center. Finally you will top it with a beautiful layer of melted chocolate just before finishing it up.
Grab the instructions for this recipe in the printable recipe card found at the very bottom of this post.
Here are the ingredients we love to use in this recipe:
Here are a few photos we took while making this recipe
This is how we made it in the mini 5″ springform cheesecake pans.
We prefer to add parchment paper to the springform pans to help release the cheesecake when it’s done baking. This is how we do it:
We trim the excess paper.
If you plan on using the cereal, just pulse it in a blender until it turns to crumbs. This is the easy way to do the crust if you don’t want to use the almond flour version found in the instructions below.
We added a layer of chocolate between the crust and the cheesecake. It’s fantastic!
Use a small cup to press the crust down to make it nice and even. Just like this:
Now we blend the cheesecake center with a hand mixer until it’s nice and smooth.
You don’t have to add food coloring if you don’t want to. It doesn’t change the taste but it’s super fun to see the green cheesecake with a chocolate crust!
We added the springform pans to a small baking sheet to make it easier to put in and take out of the oven when it’s done.
The cheesecake will have a small rise on it when it’s straight out of the oven. It will settle as it cools.
This shows the cheesecake after it has cooled.
We removed the cheesecake from the springform pans and set it on a cake plate. We then topped it with melted chocolate before serving it. Absolutely delicious!
Be sure to pin this for later!
Keto Grasshopper Cheesecake Recipe
Chocolate Crust (optional)
Grasshopper Cheesecake ingredients
- This recipe fills two 5 inch mini springform pans. You can use one big pan but know it will add about 10 to 15 minutes on to your baking time.
- Prepare the springform pans by placing a piece of parchment paper on top of the bottom part of the pan. Reassemble the pan by placing the side of the pan on top of the parchment paper round. I hold down the parchment paper so it sinks into the bottom of the pan.
- Trim the excess parchment paper that's around the bottom of the pan with a pair of scissors.
- Set the springform pans aside and start making the chocolate crust, if using.
- To make the crust, add 1 cup of almond flour, 3 tbs cocoa powder, salt, and monkfruit. Mix it until it's fully combined.
- Melt 3 tbs of butter in the microwave for about 1o to 15 seconds and add it to the chocolate crust. Mix well until the butter is fully mixed in.
- Pour half the chocolate crust into each prepared springform pan and use a cup to press down the crumbles until they have compacted into the springform pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add the Lily's chocolate chips and the coconut oil. Cook it on high for only 20 to 30 seconds. The chips wont appear melted but the coconut oil will be melted. Use a spoon to mix the chips until they all melt together. Add it back to the microwave for another 15 seconds but only if needed. Don't overcook the chocolate.
- Pour half the melted chocolate into the bottom of the springform pan on top of the chocolate cereal crust. Set it aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese. Use a hand mixer and whip it on high speed until it's smooth.
- Add the monkfruit, sour cream, and eggs to the cream cheese and mix it until it's all incorporated and has a smooth texture.
- Add the peppermint extract, chocolate extract and food coloring. Mix it with a spoon until it's fully incorporated and the color is even. Add more green food coloring if you want a darker green color.
- Divide the batter into two equal parts and add it to each mini springform pan.
- Bake it at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes until the top is a little golden brown color.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes and then you can put it in the refrigerator.
- All the cheesecakes to completely cool before making the chocolate topping.
- Remove the chilled cheesecakes from the springform pans and place them on a cake platter.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the Lily's chocolate chips and the coconut oil.
- Microwave it on high for about 20 to 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chips have fully melted but be careful not to overcook the chocolate. Stir the chips to make sure they are melting. They will look solid until you stir them.
- Allow the chocolate to cool for about 2 to 3 minutes and then pour it on top of the Keto Grasshopper Cheesecakes!
- Voila! You're done!
*we didn't include the cereal crust since it's optional. You can use a granola or almond flour crust if you want.